How To Brush Properly
Wake Up & Brush your Teeth
Busy mornings call for a haphazard routine of hygiene and grooming. On a busy day, your brushing routine is done half-heartedly and mindlessly. That is because we try to jam many routines together - washing your face, brushing and combing your hair, all done together in quick succession. Take a breath and step back. Your teeth need a lot of care and time compared to what you spare. Here is a quick read on how to brush your teeth effectively in the time you have.
To master the art you need to know the importance of brushing your teeth and proper brushing techniques. Paying attention to tiny details and following a few steps will ensure a healthy smile.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty you need to know that plaque and bacteria are the main enemies of your pearly whites. Plaque is the main reason for tooth decay, cavities and many other even periodontal diseases. Our entire efforts should be on battling these enemies
Hence you need to know the best way to brush your teeth:
- You always start brushing on the outer sides of your teeth. Move your brush gently up and down. Make sure you start brushing your upper teeth and follow that by brushing your lower teeth. For better effect, you could focus on each tooth and make sure you do not miss any spots.
- Dentists advise you to tilt your brush at a 45° angle for best results. It is important that you clean your gums to release any trapped plaque and food debris. Pay emphasis on creating short yet wide strokes.
- Once you are done with the outer surface you can start brushing the inner surface of your teeth. Since you cannot see the inner surface many tend to neglect it and do a hurried job. But the best solution is to tilt your brush at a 45° angle and create strokes that go back and forth.
- Don't forget to pay attention to the teeth you use to chew most of your food. Trapped food particles can be removed with a shortbrush movement made back and forth.
- Always end your brushing routine with a refreshing mouthwash.
Once you are familiar with the importance of brushing your teeth with the right technique there is no stopping you from retaining your pearly whites.
Here are some more things to keep in mind:
- It is advised to brush your teeth twice a day. Two minutes each time is the best.
- Always opt for a soft-bristled brush. It does not harm your gums and is great for removing plaque and food debris. Also, opt for a small-headed toothbrush as it is easy to reach all areas of the mouth. Electric toothbrushes are the newest rage for their efficiency and dexterity. You could consider that if you have a little more money to spare.
- You need to replace your toothbrush once you see enough signs of wear and tear.
The right brushing techniques go a long way in maintaining your teeth, gums and overall oral health. It just takes a few minutes and attention to keep clean, have good breath and lessen plaque and bacteria. You also need to floss daily and set up regular visits to the dentist. Adhere to these and say hello to great teeth.
Add preventative oral care to your daily routine and witness the wonders.
Now that you have learnt the best way to brush your teeth, you can share it with others too!