Nothing Beats this Natural Remedy for Skin Dryness in Winter!
Winter is here and with it comes cold, dry air that dries out your skin and lips. To help combat this, you should follow a skincare routine in winter. Skin dryness in winter can be averted with ease by using the right winter care products. In fact, face care in winter is something you need to attend separately.
The three golden rules of a routine are:
- Applying a moisturizer every day
- Drinking plenty of water
- Using a humidifier if possible
Vicco has been a pioneer in natural ayurvedic products that are great for winter care. To get to the right product let us get into a detailed understanding of the ill effects of winter, and how you could follow a skincare routine in winter.
Your skin becomes dry Cold weather is not conducive for the skin. The primary issues that everyone faces are:
- Chapped lips, where your lips become dry, cracked and painful. It can lead to bleeding of your lips if not attended to.
- Eczema is another common winter problem but can be controlled with the right winter care products. If you have chronic eczema (i.e. persistent redness), then it is important that you use a moisturizerwith a steroid in it for sensitive areas of skin such as around your eyes or on the forehead where there may be thinning hair follicles due to loss of oils from shaving etc.
Make sure you drink enough water
Drink at least two litres of water per day to fight skin dryness in winter. You need to drink more water if you exercise. As per research, your body needs about 1 litre of liquid to function properly, so make sure to hydrate before, during and after activities that require a lot of energy from your brain (e.g., running or dancing). People never consider drinking ample amounts of water as part of their face care in winter. After all hydrated skin is great for a glowing face.
Apply moisturiser every day
It's important to apply your moisturizer within 5 minutes of getting out of the shower. This is the most important rule for a skincare routine in winter as it helps the skin retain moisture and prevents dryness, which can cause irritation. Your face is one part of your body that you don't want to leave it exposed to air for too long or without protection from wind, heat or cold temperatures. So always apply moisturizer over this area as soon as possible after getting out of the shower (or bath). It's recommended that you use an oil-based winter care product such as sunscreen before applying a cream or gel because these ingredients tend to not be absorbed into the skin easily if they aren't first covered with something else.
Some other points to adhere:
- Avoid going for warm showers, as this can strip the moisture from your skin and lead to dryness.
- Try to not scrub your skin too hard when you are cleansing it.
- Make sure that you exfoliate your skin at least twice a week with natural Vicco products