What is the Buzz Around Antioxidant Skin Care?
Have you ever looked at your skin care product pack? Don’t you find antioxidants in all of them? If they aren’t part of the product ingredients you should be considering replacing them with antioxidant skin care products. It is interesting how the world is noticing the benefits of antioxidants for skin with many companies scrambling to be part of the game.
What are Antioxidants?
1. It plays a significant role in protecting your cells from free radicals
2. It helps protect your skin from oxidative damage caused by free radicals
3. It also protects you from UV rays and pollution.
4. They are known for their powerful anti-ageing benefits.
5. Antioxidants for skin are the only solution to various skin issues
Before we go ahead, you need to understand what is oxidative damage:
1. The chemical reactions caused by radicals produce highly reactive oxygen molecules
2. These molecules damage the body’s proteins, lipids or even your DNA. Some of the biggest contributors to free radical formation are:
- Bad diet
- Sun exposure
Benefits of Antioxidants for Skin
a) Fights signs of ageing
As oxidative stress breaks down your collagen levels it leads to sagging skin, fine lines, and even wrinkles. The right antioxidants fight all these signs.
b) Protects from Acne
The oxidative stress causes breakouts. This is when antioxidant-rich products help reduce inflammation, redness and eventually breakouts.
c) Prevents Sunburn
Antioxidants for skin reverse the harmful effects of UV-B rays, pollution and other damages caused by environmental conditions.
Vitamins to Get Your Skin Right Back on Track
1. Vitamin A
This is the best warrior against free radicals and tops the list of antioxidants for skin. It builds and produces collagen, which is a fibrous protein responsible for skin health.
You must have noticed that retinol is commonly found in many anti-ageing products as it’s the best source of Vitamin A. Retinol also:
- Increases skin cell production
- Unclogs pores
- Exfoliates your skin
- Increases collagen production
2. Vitamin C
This is another popular antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing Vitamin that is great for skin care. Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, ascorbic glucosamine, and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate are some of the finest sources of Vitamin C. It has skin-lightening properties, which reduce the damaging effects of UV rays and the sun. This unique play of vitamins helps you understand what are antioxidants.
3. Vitamin B3
Niacinamide in Vitamin B3 is known to fight oxidative stress. This is great for improving skin tone and texture. Vitamins B3 based skin care products or food items reduce and eliminate acne. Niacinamide also builds stronger skin and prevents water loss.
You can enjoy the benefits of antioxidants for skin with Vicco’s range of anti-ageing skin care products. Get your pack today!