We Provide Natural Solutions For a Healthy Life For Over 7 Decades. | Free Shipping for orders above Rs 550/-
How to Breathe the Best – Bid Adios to Bad Breath
If you have been struggling with knowing how to get rid of bad breath, then you have come to the right place. You need not worry, as it is easy to keep your breath fresh while maintaining your teeth and gum health. Let’s start by asking,
What causes bad breath?
-Reasons for bad breathe
- The first rule is to brush and floss twice a day, every day. Plaque is one of the prime reasons for bad breath wherein bacteria builds-up creating an odor. Using a toothbrush helps in overall teeth hygiene, while flossing helps you clean areas of your teeth that your brush cannot reach. Trapped food is a bigger issue and leads to quicker plaque build-up. Do not brush too hard or injure your gums while flossing. Don't overdo things.
- Rinsing is crucial. You need a mouthwash with extra protection and with a good flavor (mint is a popular flavor). If you ask experts how to get rid of bad breath, they would emphasize on rinsing your mouth after every meal you eat as it helps get rid of bacteria. Research shows the best time to rinse your mouth is just before bedtime. Now you need not worry about your breath while dreaming too!
- One of the biggest reasons for bad breath is an unclean tongue. Many people do not brush their tongue, and that is what causes bad breath. Many times, your tongue is coated with bacteria after you eat, drink or even smoke. It is important to gently brush your tongue with the toothbrush. Some toothbrushes have created a scraping surface on the back of the brush head. This makes life easier. Dentists recommend brushing your tongue twice a day - in the morning and before bed. It is a great way to remove bacteria, dead cells and food debris which brushing cannot do. This not the end. There is more on how to get rid of bad breath.
- Another important thing you need to watch out for is what you eat. Just brushing or rinsing with a mouth wash does not help. What you eat is what stays in your mouth. This is one of the most important reasons for bad breath. Hence experts tell you to avoid foods that are sour. Even reducing the consumption of garlic and onions can make a big difference. After all, they say, “you are what you eat”. So do not eat things that harm you.
Some other good habits for great oral health include:
- Avoid mint and chewing gum as it has sugar which is converted into acid that wears down your teeth and that is what causes bad breath.
- Gum health is critical. Tiny food particles stay at the bottom of your teeth causing bacteria which is another cause for bad breath.
- Drink a lot of water and hydrate yourself
It is always good to know how to get rid of bad breath. So, the next time you decide to take charge of your oral hygiene, it is important you don't just focus on covering up the bad odor. Instead, follow a simple routine and notice how your breath improves over time.